Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pinterest DIY Fringe Scarf

So I've not been feeling well lately, which has been a blast, and so was looking for something fun to do while chilling in bed today. And recently, as I mentioned in my last post, I discovered Pinterest, where I've been carefully pinning different things I want to try! And today I knocked one off the list - booyah! So here we go! You need an old t-shirt (could be really fun with a multicoloured fun pattern... this orange one I had, and love, has an expanding hole) and a good pair of scissors (I used fabric scissors).
Then, start cutting!

First, start by cutting off the top of the shirt - lose the sleeves & neck.
First cut!

Ta da!
Then, from the bottom, start cutting strips to make the fringe.

I felt very 80s doing this part hahaha

This used to be a t-shirt!
Neat, eh?

Okay, then pull a few of the fringes - I thought this was a weird step until I did it and it actually makes the fringes...I dunno...just better. hahaha So do it!
Pulling! 
Then I tied a few knots, some at the very ends, some in the middles, some part way between.... I didn't tie them all, but a few throughout.
Knotting!
And then, voila!  This is a horrid picture - I'm lounging in my bed taking my own torso shot hahaha - but you get the idea.
Ta da!

If you DON'T get the idea, see the original, with her instructions here:
http://www.lakelandlocal.com/2011/08/diy-fringe-scarf/
So, if you're like me and hanging on to your favourites full of holes, turn them into fabulous scarves and make it even MORE favourites!

Happy crafting, folks! :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing. PS- If you REALLY wanted to make it feel 80s-ish, you should have added a few beads to the fringe :)

    ReplyDelete