Monday, January 14, 2013

Math Makes Better Snowflakes, Starflakes & Swirlflakes

While in public school I performed poorly in my mathematics classes. I'm not sure why, because now I feel I'm pretty skilled in the art of home renovations and the various math calculations that come with them. Maybe I'm more of a practical, hands-on-sort-of-girl, whereas my high school teachers were insistent on learning theory.

No matter.

Now I know enough math to make some pretty awesome paper snowflakes, starflakes and swirlflakes. Thanks to this Youtube video by ViHart, we can help our children, students, siblings, spouse, friends, and other family and friends learn that math + paper = LOTS of FUN.

Have fun!! 


This the ceiling in my basement family rec room showing what my three kids and I did for fun the other day:


No comments:

Post a Comment