Monday, December 5, 2011

Teacher Gifts

I don't know if you're like me at all; but I have the toughest time coming up with a (half-way) deceent gift for my boys teacher's at school every holiday season.
So....since I had to figure out a post for the Betties, I thought that I would get prepared
(and hopefully get your creative juices flowing)
for a great holiday gift for a teacher, friend or neighbor.
(b/c if I'm not thinking ahead, it usually doesn't happen!)

AND the great thing about all this is that it is extremely affordable.
Practically everything I got was for about $1.00 (with a few exceptions, of course)

*When it gets closer to the end of the school, I will post a picture of the completed teacher gift, I just didn't want some of this stuff sitting around for another three weeks getting stale and yucky. But I think that you'll get the general idea*
Let's get started!
Here'a what I'm starting with:

The cute little box to put everything in I found at Target in the $$ bins.


Gloves: 2/$1 @ Dollar Tree

Candy cane sticks @ Hobby Lobby for.....well you can see it: $2.49 --- but this will make you more than one little box.

boxes to put the candy cane sticks in at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 -- 4 to a package.

Little jar @ Hobby Lobby for $1.99

NOW, here is the inspiration for all of my goodies for my boys teachers:
Aren't these adorable?!?!
Microwaved Popcorn wrapped with gloves for the hat! So clever
(and functional at the same time!)
You can find the cute sowman wrapper printable at Sherelle Christensen

LOVE this one.....dipped candy cane sticks for a hot chocolate stirrer
--- super-easy to make and pretty to give.
Found @ countryliving.com in their 14 homemade food gifts.

And finally some homemade lemon sugar hand scrub found at Stephanie Lynn
(I've made this for the girls that I visit teach and they have LOVED this stuff
--- I think I need to make some for myself!)


You must know, that the inspiration for all these little goodies, I found at Pinterest.

I love the people that are creative enough to even think this stuff up so that
I have something great to give as gifts.
I will aslo be throwing in a handmade card from my child and
 an ornament to complete my little box for the teachers.

I can't wait until they are actually all done so that I can show it off.
It's gonna be super-cute!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tamie! Such great ideas for gifts. I especially like the hand scrub idea and can't wait to make this for my sister (she'll love it!). Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete